A fellow expat blogger inspired me with this idea, so here I am, with my wish list.
Things I should experience to get a better feeling of Australia:
- visit the main cities (Sydney, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide)
- learn the national anthem (my daughter sings it at school and she knows it by heart, I can’t b!)
- go on a bush walk
- explore the desert (in particular, Uluru)
- see koalas in their natural environment (no zoos)
- make some Australian friends
- wear thongs (flip-flops) even when it’s cold and rainy
- celebrate Christmas on the beach
- drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- have a proper picnic with a barbecue
- swim in the ocean
- watch a footy match at the stadium
- learn (and be brave enough to use) some Australian slang (these are a few of the ones I know: Mate = friend, Aussie =Australian, Tucker = food, Arvo= afternoon, Barbie =BBQ).
I’m pretty impressed by this list. I like it. It shouldn’t be too difficult to tick all the boxes and feel a bit Australian 😉