After more than two weeks spent in Italy, I find myself noticing small little things that I didn’t use to notice when I was living in this Country (MY home Country!).
Things I don’t like:
- having to walk on the pavement in a sort of slalom to avoid dogs’ poop
- crossing the road: it’s like risking your life – especially on a zebra crossing.
- if you don’t wear the right brand of shoes and clothes (the most fashionable) they look at you as if you were from Mars or from another Country and when they hear you speaking Italian, then they get really disappointed and confused
Things I love:
- Spending time with family and friends: it’s such a special and precious time!
- Architecture: the old city centres are full of such magnificent buildings (cathedrals, churches, houses, villas), I can’t stop walking around with my nose up, my mouth open and my camera ready.
- Food: I’m not mad about food but every time I come back I find myself looking at the grocery shops as if I have been starving for the last six months.
- watching my kids’ big smiles when watching a new cartoon on the Italian Tv (which apparently is Russian and VERY funny!).