The kids are in bed. Easter is over.
How has it been?
- thanks to the end of DTS (Daylight saving time) and the clock turning backward 1 hour, the kids were up at 5.40. Who said they were gonna sleep one extra hour this morning obviously don’t have kids.
- 6 o’clock it’s not the right time to hear screams and shouts of joy because of some Easter eggs surprises
- having the kids eating most of their chocolate eggs for breakfast is not a good start of the day
- At 7.15am my sweet children were already hyperactive…
- 8.30 I decided it was time to go to church and listen to the Italian Mass. So I tell the kids: “Let’s go and find out how Jesus died and rose”. During Mass Little Miss Daydream whispers in my ear: “mummy, who is Christ?” – it’s Jesus! “ah, Christ is his surname! Jesus Christ”. In the middle of the liturgy she comes back to me with a serious tone: “mummy, where is Jesus? I came here to see him rise from the dead!” It was hard not to laugh out loud at that point.
- Mass finished, we go back home for a little egg hunt in our garden.
- Lunch with homemade lasagne (kids love it)
- Afternoon spent with a couple of friends who live nearby
- Dinner and bed time
- End of our first Aussie Easter. Not too bad but having families here would have made it much nicer.