Tomorrow is a special day for the kids (and for the adults too).
It’s National simultaneous storytime day (here in Australia)!
What does it mean?
- a special book has been chosen for an Australian author: The Brothers Quibble written by Aaron Blabey.
- it going to be read
- when? 27th of May 2015, 11 am
- where? in schools, kindergartens, libraries, childcare centres, home, anywhere really!
- to promote the value of reading and literacy;
- promote the value and fun of books;
- promote an Australian writer and publisher;
- promote storytime activities in public libraries and communities around the country;
- provide opportunities to involve parents, grandparents, the media and others to participate in and enjoy the occasion.
If you are curious, have a look at the website, you can find many more info about this event and many different activities ideas (also in different languages!!!) to get your kids involved and most of all have fun!
What’s extra special is that you can listen to this book in many different languages, thanks to SBS, have a look here!
I can’t wait to take my Little Mr. Copycat tomorrow at the library and then listen to the same story in Italian from our computer!
Happy NSS day everyone 🙂