In Australia not only it’s Christmas time approaching but it’s also the end of the school year; children usually give each others Christmas cards with attached a candy cane or a sweet.
I love the idea of exchanging Christmas wishes but I’m a bit concerned about all these sweets the kids eat in this period of time.
I thought my girls could avoid giving out sweets with their cards and I came up with this simple idea: heart-shaped crayons.
This is something I’ve already done in the past and it’s pretty easy to do.
- old crayons
cut your crayons in tiny little bits (the smallest, the better)
- divide the colours as you like (I like to put different shades of the same colour together)
- put the mould in the oven at 150 °C for about 10 minutes
- leave it to cool down before removing the hearts to avoid breaking them into pieces.
- you have lots of colourful crayons
- now with a string you can tidy each heart to a Christmas card, ready to be given away
My girls can’t wait to wish merry Christmas to their special friends, with all their ❤